OFFERINGS IN THE BIBLE - LAW OF ORDINANCES
Details on the sacrifices and offerings through the scripture (viz. Exodus, Leviticus, Number and Deuteronomy) - refer to the download for the details.
Interesting facts regarding the offerings
- Most meat offerings (all except the cleansing offerings) had wine accompanying it. Wine was poured out thus this was known as meat and drink offerings. Col. 2:16 references this and is not refering to eating food or drinking.
- Offerings during Festival of Booths were way more than the others.
- Regular sacrifices were made every day (daily, sabbaths and new moon) and when the festivals came then that associated with the festivals were incremental.
- Sacrifices such as Trespass offering was sacrifice made when coming against people. Sin offerings were sacrifices made for sin against God and self).
- Specific sacrifices for individuals who sinned and it varied by Priests, Israel as a whole, Rulers of the people, regular people.
- Larger sacrifices were made based on the level of authority and responsibility, Priest and Israel the same, then the ruler then the people.